Bug? refresh generates net overlap every time

Gosh don’t really know what to do about this one. Each time I refresh my project I end up with this net overlap red dot. I fix it then refresh and it comes back. Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong for just this one overlap to produce what appears to be a rule violation.

BTW the big red dot isn’t really helpful. I see it. I can’t see what’s under it which doesn’t help figure out what’s going on behind it or how to modify the connection. One just ends up dragging nets each and every which way and nothing seems to help. Basically it means delete all nets and recreate.

1 Like

It looks like your I2C_SDA net wire has a tiny segment that ends underneath the red dot, and then a longer segment that connects to that and the black dot to the left. We try to merge collinear segments like that, but sometimes our algorithm fails to do the merge.

To fix it, I think you can just delete the horizontal line segments that intersect the red dot, and redraw it from one black dot to the other on either sides of where the red dot is.

Hmm I’ll try again but I believe I’ve done that a couple times already. Not sure why it keeps happening though. Or maybe I need to redo the horizontal net (been doing the tiny vertical one).

Thanks though.

Did what you suggested and that was what worked.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 9 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.